Who We Are
The China California Heart Watch brings together experts from the United States, China, and around the world. Together, we use innovative and sustainable methods to combat the growing epidemic of heart disease in Yunnan Province, China.
Our overarching mission is to serve the people of Yunnan through:
- Training local healthcare professionals in the screening, diagnosis, and treatment of heart disease;
- Improving access to high-quality healthcare and life-saving treatments;
- Researching the epidemiology of heart disease, the effectiveness of our interventions, and other topics of critical value to rural Chinese populations.
The activities of the China California Heart Watch generate no profits. We operate solely through the generosity and vision of our donors, foundations, and granting agencies.
Our Staff and Volunteers
- Shan Shan Chen, Executive Director of China Cal.
- Meredith Yang, Director of Extern Recruitment & Board Treasurer/Secretary of China Cal.
- Amelia Xia, Assistant Director of Extern Recruitment & Chairman of the Board of Directors of China Cal.
- Robert C. Detrano, M.D., Ph.D., Founding Director & Director of Extern Training Program at China Cal; Professor of Radiology & Public Health at UC Irvine & Visiting Professor at Yunnan Fuwai Hospital for Cardiovascular Diseases.
- Song Yuan Tang, Ph.D., Training Program Co-Director of China Cal; Associate Professor of Epidemiology at Kunming Medical University; Director of the Yunnan Health and Development Research Association
- Feng Long He, M.D., Program Trainer of China Cal.
- Fang Qi Guo, Ph.D., Program Trainer and Researcher of China Cal.
- Rui Zhang, Assistant Trainer of China Cal.
- Cheng Loh, M.D., Educational Consultant and Extern Faculty of China Cal.
- Pak-cheong Chow, M.P.H., Pediatric Cardiologist Consultant and Extern Faculty of China Cal.
- Roy Y. Chan, M.A., Vice President of International Programs at China Cal.
- Carolyn V. Marsden, M.F.A., Director of Creativity and Innovation for China Cal.
- Stephen Boucher, Accountant for China Cal.
- David Flynn, J.D., Legal Advisor for China Cal.